Total Pageviews

Monday 25 June 2012

Troll in the kitchen...

I think I may have a secret troll in my kitchen.


He must be very small, because I never hear him and I never see him but he always leaves a trail of destruction so I know where he's been. (This is also the same reason that I know my troll is a 'He'.)

I have even cleaned out my cupboards searching for my uninvited house guest, but alas no sign of him or his bedding.

The realisation dawned on me a few weeks ago.

The children had been well fed and watered, and as far as I was concerned all fast asleep in their beds. I was having a nice glass of wine - cough - I mean a nice cup of tea when I heard rustling from the kitchen.  Now, knowing that the children are all asleep I believe my thoughts were - 'oh it's just the wind'; back door was open, it was a warm evening.

However on closer inspection, my now believed to be Troll had opened the bread and had left a small trail of crumbs across the kitchen worktop.

Not much in the way of evidence I hear you say, after all, a small mouse could have created the same trail, with the added essence of mouse droppings - alas there were no signs of mice poo therefore one can only assume that I had simply forgotten to put the bread away from earlier in the evening.

But now things are missing from my fridge.

Bits of cheese, ham, chorizo, yogurt's - he is very sneaky this troll and I never hear him open the fridge. I do sometimes hear him scampering around, or trip trip trapping up the stairs which is where I have found the yogurt pots under the children's beds! What a sneaky troll.

The children look at me innocently when I ask if they have seen him, they would tell me I am sure if they had seen him but no sooner have I stocked up my fridge then my food starts rapidly disappearing.

I am considering setting up a camera which would take a photo of my troll rummaging through my fresh fruit or opening up a pot of custard - think of the money I could sell a photo like that for on ebay I muse...

Thankfully he hasn't yet worked out how to put frozen chips in the oven, so my freezer is safe for now...and if I could just catch him and teach him how to make me a cup of tea then I'll be onto a winner.

No comments: