Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 July 2012

Are kangaroo's purple...?

This was just one of the questions I was asked today. I actually felt quite disappointed that I had to inform my little Batman that sadly, no, they weren't - but they really should be.

However it would make a great title for a book.

Friends and family have been incredibly supportive about my little blog, and I confess to being a little overwhelmed at how positive everyone has been. One of the questions I have been asked, is why don't I write a book? Well, you know it's early days and I'm aware that my blog supporters may get bored of my ramblings in the future and writing a book is an incredibly time consuming thing, and to top it  - you have to be clever - which I'm not.

Nevertheless as I mentioned people have been very encouraging, and it's true that some people can go on to have success with their blogging; get interviewed by newspapers because of their popularity, or can go on to have book offers or even films made...

I am not so cocky that I think that that would or could ever
happen, but in the spirit of fun I did find myself sitting on
the back door step last night accepting an imaginary award.
My glass of wine was my award, I had some family in the
front row and Javier Bardem cheering me from the sidelines
(he plays my love interest in the future) - and in the true
form of acceptance speeches I did cry a bit you'll be pleased
to hear.

I'm a little unsure of what award I was accepting, it may well have been for 'The Raspberry Blogger of the Year', and briefly the fame did go to my head but you'll also be relieved to hear I turned down Playboy - well, a girl has gotta have some standards.

We've also gotta dream - I have met so many fantastic people recently, who all have a little or big dream. They are all so capable and empowering, and if you are reading this you know who you are. So I would like to take this chance to say a very big thank you to everyone who is encouraging me to dream my dream; and to those who are dreaming too - go for it; write your novel; start that business; buy that camper van - be amazing and live your life.

I promise to live mine too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A book you say....Mmm Now there's a thought Are Kangaroos Purple and can they draw a circle.....a collection of nonsensical questions all children ask just to wind up their adults... So next time they ask you one just give them the book...that 'ill teach 'em

I feel The Booker prize for children's literature coming on...split the profits? ...it might get us a bottle of Blossom