Total Pageviews

Sunday 29 July 2012

New boots...

What a day...

After a lively start to my morning, I managed to debrief and relax with my amazing friend B once she was finally awake, over tea and blurry eyes. How she copes with me I will never be able to fully explain, but she does and probably deserves an Olympic Gold for all her efforts.

Leaving her to go on a bike ride with her scrumptiously delicious boys, who are now in charge of replacement boy cuddles while my hobbits are away, I looked at my list of jobs to do with new focus and keen determination...
Then another friend invited me to go to shopping...hmm what is a girl supposed to do?

This particular friend is very special.
When I was at my lowest she brought me chicken soup, wine and humour. She told me that life would get better, and she was right.  Her and her husband helped me move furniture, laughed at my painting abilities when I needed to cleanse the house and were there for me whenever I needed them....and still are to this day.

Understanding my inexplicable (ahem) adrenalin rush, they appreciated that I needed to get out and just do something. So, they took me to Brighton. I have had a very enjoyable afternoon shopping for a bloke...well I wasn't going to spend any money, but was more than happy to choose clothes for my friends husband and spend his money.

Shopping is tiring, so what better way to finish it off than with Pimms.

Drinking afternoon Pimms in The Lanes, watching the world go by is now one of my top things to do on a sunday...or to be honest, on any day.

So nicely subdued with Pimms I turn the computer on and to discover to my extreme excitement that my purple DM's ARE ON SALE.... I feel the need to put this in capitals to genuinely emphasise my feelings about this.  Followers of my blog will know that when I looked at these boots before they were in the region of 90 quid...cough cough.. however they are now on sale.

Beautiful boots...

I have ordered them....she says sheepishly...

I even rang my Dad to ask for permission, because I am a bit sad like that with any purchase over £20!

So, a few things off my list in just two weeks...the boots are on the way, I have driven a sports car, and I smelt a nice man.... I am fit to burst!!!

Life just gets better every day - my friend with the chicken soup was bang on!





No comments: