Total Pageviews

Saturday 28 July 2012

Talking b*ll*cks...

You know it's not only alcohol that can leave you with the incapacity of speech and frequent trips to the ladies.

Sometimes, nerves can get the better of you as well - and for some strange reason today, I experienced an inability to eat or indeed speak.

I know that these things will be strange to hear for friends who know me well, and I confess it doesn't happen very often. I can normally hold my own in any conversation, but when it's a conversation with a member of the opposite sex who is attractive and actually smells quite nice, I find myself unable to string a decent sentence together.

What is it about these scenarios that make you feel like you're an eighteen year old all over again?

There isn't a great deal that I can say on here without giving too much away, but needless to say I have had the pleasure of a friends company this evening, who teased me mercilessly and made me laugh. 

This friend was the reason I couldn't eat all day.

I confess that nerves got the better of me, and I managed to talk crap for most of the evening, which he thankfully forgave me for.

However, I am now at home eating toast and marmite (because I can now) and tea in my favourite mug, (thank you Mrs Mck.)

I hope it won't be too long before I hear from him again, life is after all, too short to wait. But for now, I will reflect on the evening and recoil at my embarrassing moments, but also remember the best bit of the evening - a snog and a cuddle... *insert smiley face here*

Until tomorrow xx

3 comments:

Hayley Tidey said...

Yay! Exciting stuff!!!! :) xxx

Wonder(ing) Woman said...

Yep! Xx

Unknown said...

Snogtastic!