Total Pageviews

Thursday 29 November 2012

A productive day...

My day has seen a successful case closed with a client, a wink and a smile from a chap in a coffee shop and the purchase of new shoes!!!!!

I am not entirely sure which one was most exhilarating...actually, I do...it was the shoes, but hey I still enjoyed the other parts.

This afternoon I had a final meeting with a client and just after the meeting we decided to go for a coffee to have a chat about the meeting, and to ensure she was happy with the result. She is a lovely young lady and it was nice to have the chance to just chat to her about general things rather than work.

Half way through our latte's she leans into me...
"Guy with the iPad, checking you out."
I look at her as though she has spoken Russian to me, with a Joey Barton accent..."huh?"
"Seriously, he hasn't stopped looking at you."
I look at her bemused and too frightened to turn around to check out the stalker at table ten, "really?" I am genuinely quite surprised. "He is more likely to be looking at you." I suggest.
"Uh huh, you."
I am a little shell shocked. Men don't do this anymore do they? I can not remember the last time someone without beer goggles gave me the eye anywhere, let alone on a cold afternoon in November.
Slowly, and trying ever so inconspicuously I turn round and catch the offending eye.

He winks at me and smiles.
Almost as quickly I whip back and look at my client who is laughing, "told ya."
"Oh my god did he just wink at me?" I say wide eyed, "who does that?"
"Clearly he does."

I am at a little of a loss to know how to respond...does one ignore such blatant flirting, remain coy or join in and flirt back? He is not bad looking, but hey that takes some kind of confidence to just wink and smile at a random woman in a coffee shop.
Maybe it is a nervous tick? Maybe he has Tourette's I reason.

Needless to say, being a strong, confident woman of forty I turned round...downed my latte, put my coat on, and as I passed him I gently smiled and acknowledged his wink and walked out the door.

I am such a wuss...my friend B will probably kill me when she finds out, but to be honest picking up strangers anywhere is not my bag, even though I can admit to the fact that it was a nice moment.

More importantly as we start walking down the road, we pass a well known branded shop here in the UK, and in the doorway are the most perfect, purple, suede shoes in the whole wide world ever...at half price.

OMG!!!!
I am instantly drooling at the window...and somehow I manage to put one foot in front of the other, go in, find my size, purchase them and walk out again without batting an eyelid. How did that happen?

They are simply perfect...even Superman agrees when I tried them on at home. Thankfully I have a purple dress to wear them with, however even if I hadn't I would have been quite happy to just have them, they are that perfect.  I am looking at them now, on the end of my feet with a smile on my face...they are even better than a wink from random male strangers.

So, all in all, a very productive day.

No comments: