Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 February 2013

Reincarnation....

Once again let me set the scene....

Two women, a little bit tipsy, The Waterboys playing and a bowl of nuts on the table...

"You know, when I come back," says my friend "I wanna come back as a black backing singer."
"Really? Why?"
"Because it would be so cool man...to be a black backing singer, singing with Joe Cocker...what a promotion in the afterlife." She drinks more wine.
"I am not sure who I would come back as...Britney Spears maybe?"
"Nahhhh, your roots would never cope."
"Hmm...true that...so who?"

My friend thinks about this for some time and then finally stands up and in her drunken stupor wanders across the kitchen..."you will return as a lock keeper." She says grandly.
"What?" I look at her horrified.
She starts mimicking a lock keeper opening the gate, letting the water in and closing the gate again..."you will look like...you know, him, him with earring." she looks at me desperately.
"Not, David Essex?"
"That's it! David Essex!!!" She says triumphantly.
"Thanks!!! You get a black backing singer, and I get the guy from Jesus Christ Superstar!"  I throw a roasted peanut at her, which she promptly throws back and it hits me on the cheek... "Ow!"
"Make the most of that nut," she says "it's the only one you are gonna get for a while!"

Harsh words.

We then spend the next twenty minutes fraping a friends son Facebook page, with comments like 'I wear my Batman pants on special occasions' and other equally childish things...and now we are simultaneous blogging. I may just have a guest blogger this evening....so take it away....fellow drinker and beloved friend.

See you in the next life...if you and Joe Cocker ever take a canal boat for a trip.

Don't you just love impromptu drinking sessions?

No comments: