Total Pageviews

Friday 19 April 2013

Friendship library...

I spent last night in very good company indeed.

B has finally returned to UK soil after fifteen months of getting a tan in another country, so it was only appropriate that I finally made her Shepherd's Pie and that we celebrated her return with cava.

Pootle also finally met B, which I am immensely pleased about...my favourite girl finally meeting my girly snog. :-)

I am very lucky to have B in my life; she is an incredibly joyful, warm and intuitive person. She knows that if I were to snog any woman under the reflection of mistletoe that it would be her, but thankfully she forgives my general cheeky misdemeanour because, well, because she is just B.

Thinking about her this morning on another early morning rise, I once again count myself incredibly lucky that I have such amazing friends because I don't think I have done anything to be this fortunate; perhaps I am one of those people who is lucky in friendships but unlucky in love?

If you read back over my blog my friends have stood the test of time. They each have a place in my heart, and although they may get weary with my general mid life crisis behaviour (you know who you are) they still stand by my side, and rarely say...'I told you so'.

I said rarely.

Therefore once again I want to acknowledge them all, for the unconditional friendship they give me. There really are too many to mention, (doesn't that sound pompous?) but there really is...some have never met, some know each other equally as well as they do me; some live in hot countries, some live in the cold part of the UK; some are mothers, fathers, some are married some are single or are new parents, I would love to name them so that they can see themselves, but hopefully I have managed to cover them adequately enough here.

They ground me. Universally their experience acts as good standing point for major decisions in my life, and what I love is that sometimes they agree, sometimes they conflict...it is like a friendship library, and I can go to one and gain their experience and advice for a specific issue while another would provide me with something entirely different.

But collectively, they love me as much as I do them. I don't have to speak to them on a daily or even weekly basis, but they are always there.
As I hope they know I am for them...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to send you those knitting patterns ;-)

Wonder(ing) Woman said...

Well, my needles are poised! X