Total Pageviews

Monday 20 May 2013

Considered fun...

I apologise H for the late blog tonight...I know you like to read it before you go to bed, but I have had other priorities this evening.

A bit of cleansing therapy was required...so I did what any normal person does...I painted stuff. Namely walls, but I confess I also managed to paint my shorts, my shirt and my hair...thank god we don't have a dog!

iPod on and hobbits asleep I have happily painted my bathroom and downstairs toilet this evening. Quite chuffed with my achievement actually...I have found a use for excess adrenaline today, so if anyone needs me to whip round a bit of skirting board just give me a shout. I don't charge.

I am a little unsure as to why I have had this boost of energy today, or perhaps I am but am reluctant to say...nevertheless, one is getting too old for doing random stuff until midnight.

I had a similar conversation with someone today and we reflected on how things we did as young adults we simply wouldn't dare do now. In fact we were amazed at how we, by more than luck than judgement, got away with some of the scrapes we got ourselves in to...(not together I feel I must add).

As we get older do we get more nervous of having silly moments? Do we need to risk assess everything that we do? The antics we got up to in our youth we probably wouldn't dare do now, is that because we know the consequences of our actions or because we have become a little boring? Is that what happens when you get older?

Seems a shame, yet it is true. When learning the motorbike the guys informed me that the younger guys would just get on without worrying about safety, yet older adults learning to ride worry more about the safety of them and others around them.

Does this stop us from trying? If there was something that we had the urge to do, would the possibility of an injury to pride or body stop us....I think it may do.

However as this person informed me today, they still had fun, it is now just more considered fun...fun with considered consequences.

I like that. Considered fun is still fun after all...

2 comments:

Biker said...

riding a motor bike is fun riding too fast or flashly means pain
there is nothing wrong in riding with your brain engaged

so if you want to keep riding just watch the little boys play and watch out for the cars

Wonder(ing) Woman said...

Good advice x