Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 July 2013

Out of the blue...


I just love the sun.

Pootle calls me a lizard or gecko, because as soon as it warms up you can normally find me lying on a wall or a bed of grass, or propped up against the fence with my feet dipped in the paddling pool soaking up the rays.

I love the warmth, the way it makes people feel happier and being able to have a reason to drink more Pimms....as if an excuse was ever needed.

What I don't normally like are surprises however.

You have to be very good and keep it very secret, because if I get a whiff that something is up I start to feel a tad uncomfortable.

Nevertheless, this weekend has been full of them. Surprises that is and all good ones.

This morning I had arranged to take C and J to the airport. Arriving at their house I started to unpack the boot of my car to get their suitcases in, when J hands me his car keys.
"All done." He says, "already loaded up."
I look at him for a moment and then look at the key in my hand.
"I am driving your car to the airport?" I ask.
"Yep, and you have it for a week. You are fully insured. Enjoy."

It takes me a moment, but a touch later I squeal, jump up and luckily J catches me; (I confess I am impressed he does this, because C is only a tiny slip of a thing and he is really not used to larger women leaping up at him.)

The car is a beauty. A Mercedes off roader...(I would tell you the exact name if I knew...but hopefully J or C will comment and give you that information).

Nevertheless, who cares...it is the hulk of the road...I feel like I am driving a big beastie that can crush anything in its path...I have absolute power...
...well, almost absolute power.

Automatic with rear view parking, the seat belt automatically corrects itself around your waist, to the point that initially it took me by surprise...then I confess I quite enjoyed the squeeze; the hobbits are totally into the inbuilt DVD player at the back and suddenly no longer have the urge to sit up front...and I have bluetooth...so if you ring me over the next week, I may actually answer you when driving.

As I dropped them off at the airport and to C's horror, J explained the off roading buttons I needed...should I indeed choose to go off piste....(that is piste and not pissed, you can trust me J)...hmm, now where can I go?

J and C - thank you so much for trusting me with this absolutely awesome car...I love it...and on reflection I have decided that I do enjoy surprises...including the other one I had late yesterday evening.

Funny how some people never surprise you...but then out of the blue, someone else does....


No comments: