Total Pageviews

Monday 15 September 2014

The pursuit of happiness...

Things have been rather hectic for the crew and I these last few weeks, consequently the blog has been on the back burner even more than usual.

I apologise for this, however sometimes that family commitment must come first and my little family have needed my attention more than ever recently.

We have had lots of changes, but one of the biggest and most noticeable ones are the changes in the three hobbits themselves. They are growing up super fast, so fast that that I am running out of pencil lineage on the kitchen wall.

You know, I am sure I have mentioned this before...but it is pretty damn tough being a parent. Most of it is guess work and bribery, and for those actions I am winning by a mile - however what I am not winning is the parent race itself.

It is true that if we didn't question our motives or behaviour, and always assumed that we were right, then by definition we would make bad parents, but constantly questioning and checking our skills is exhausting. Am I the only one terrified that I am already setting up at least one son for a lifetime of counselling and therapy due to my mistakes or inadequacies?

If I treat them then they expect more than I can give, which is wrong; if I tell them off then I am the worst mother ever; if I refuse then they play the 'I want to go live with daddy card'... It is very hard to know what am I currently getting right.

Blaming everything on hormones seems too much like the easy option.

Oh I apologise for the woe is me blog, because actually we do have so many things to look forward to  in the coming months. However sometimes, trying to keep everyone happy and maintaining that happiness is an endless, thankless task...The pursuit of Happiness...it was never this hard for Will Smith...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well hello there stranger, glad to see you back.
If you need pursuit of happiness I can be round in 1/2 hour Steve

Anonymous said...

Hi email me sometime. Catch up.

B J

Wonder(ing) Woman said...

Hi anon... Your anonymity doesn't give me much on who to email... :-/

My email is still the same as it has always been though :-)