Total Pageviews

Wednesday 20 June 2012

A sexual revelation...

Today is an amazing day - the sun is shining, and when it shines here in the UK we all go a bit giddy and start flirting randomly and turning the music up loudly in the car.

It's not our fault - we live in constant rain and windy days, so when the big yellow thing in the sky actually has a chance to show us some love, we respond in kind!

I do a great deal of driving for my job, but am often frustrated by the amount of digging and temporary traffic lights we have here. One road closes, another one is being dug up - normaly it's hell. But when the sun shines you just don't care - smile and the workmen smile back, sing along and they smile more - it's a fantastic reaction... Wolf whistle at them and they take down your number plate!

Being Norty Forty is just the coolest thing!! It doesn't matter, you are not upsetting anyone, it cheers people up - and now I know I can wolf whistle and get a nice smile back I may just do it more often.

I also managed to bravely offer my number up to a nice guy who was chatting to me today...selling paintball days and group sessions at knock down prices. I wasn't going to stop, I was running between appointments - but hey it's important for me to network with employers, so I stopped...

Lovely brochure I say, admiring off roaders, Karting and paintball, taking a very keen interest - funnily enough, I manage to slip in - I have just turned 40 at the weekend and some of these are on my list of things to do this year!!

"Really?" He says sitting up; "Happy Birthday." I blush - well you do don't you?
"Husband, boyfriend?" He enquires "...well no, actually" - "Don't fancy a toy boy then?"
I muse as if really taking time to consider it, "Never say Never" (wtaf - YES!!!)
"I cook as well" He adds...as if this may be on my criteria, hey I'm not skinny but...
"Well as long as that comes with exercise..." I laugh...sheesh get me, where did I come from???

We then have a brief conversation about what I do - he, it turns out runs the business and is based in Wimbledon...about an hour's drive from where I live. We have small talk for a wee while longer, and as I leave I sneakily manage to slip him my business card to remember me by - just in case I call for a work Team Day (which actually is distinctly possible.)

"Might call you for a drink then?"
I beam and shake his hand...and walk away, absolutely terrified that he is now looking at my large arse walking up the high street!!! Oh well, it may be large but it can do the right thing when it needs to!!!

You can tell I'm not used to this...I never said to him, yes please call, it could be fun - and he will never call of course - he is as likely as to call me as I am giving birth to a bread pudding, but hey it was fun and it made me feel good for the rest of the day. So have a flirt today, there is no harm in having fun...

And in the true spirit of networking this is the Paintball Business - if you're local, given them a whirl, they were nice guys... http://www.ipgvip.com/htmls/home.html

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A flirt a day helps you work rest & play! Go get the toyboy - you're only 40 once....

Wonder(ing) Woman said...

Ha ha - He never actually gave me his number...or I would do!

Wonder(ing) Woman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.