Total Pageviews

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Hobbit hug...

I am currently having a cup of tea in my back garden. The sun is out and I am listening to the seagulls. I feel like I live near the sea.

It is very peaceful. Very calming. The calm before the storm perhaps? Who knows...needless to say I am making the most of the peace and quiet.

My long awaited hobbits will be home in 15 days. My freedom will be gone, I will no longer be able to wander off aimlessly for a swim when I feel like it, drop by a friends house with wine or indeed drive off with half a tank of petrol, wearing sunglasses and see where I end up...won't it be great?

Today has been a strange day.  I will not divulge the reasons why on here, however there has been some emotional anguish, some distress, tears, some laughter and some confusion. Not, I hasten to add all experienced by me.

Friends have proven to me once again that they are always there, either by Facebook, twitter, wap, email, telephone or text. What a wonderful communicative world we live in. My diary for the next week appears to be full again, and it's really nice to know that people care and love me as much as I do them.

I will be speaking to my hobbits tonight. I have also been worried about them, as they are now feeling the effects of being without their mum for three weeks and it turns out that they are missing me as much as I am missing them. Hobbit cuddles are just around the corner.

Perhaps it is the fact that we have been apart for so long, that I am now appreciating the noise and the hustle and bustle that comes with having three mini hobbits in the house. Perhaps we should all take a holiday from our hobbits and loved ones to truly appreciate how bloody amazing they are.

Hobbit hugs are infectious, warm, unconditional, and squashy; they can get a little bit feisty on occasion and are the best in the world.

After the day I have had I could really do with one right now.

No comments: