Total Pageviews

Saturday 11 August 2012

Just do it...

The boots had an outing last night.

They have also had an outing tonight - I am spoiling them. It will go to their head and they will expect to be worn every day if I carry on like this.

Last night I had an evening of high exuberance and great friends. They made me feel so much better after a heavy day. An evening in Brighton with new boots was just what I needed to blow away the blues.

This morning I have had a little bit of retail therapy and this evening I have shared the company of someone quite gorgeous. I helped prepare the meal, we had a little conversation about favourite colours and in general life was simple. Hey, he even liked my boots.

Three year old boys are so much simpler to talk to.

At what point do conversations become more complicated and less easy to deal with? I refer to an earlier blog about hobbit logic. Children are egocentric and will tell you what matters to them and what doesn't. Simples.

This little boy told me who his best friend is, how he likes tomatoes dipped in ketchup and how much he likes Lightening McQueen. It was a pleasure spending time with him.

Adults are on the other hand are far too complicated. Perhaps I have lived in Hobbit world for too long? Adults are frightened to say what they think; what they feel and how it might affect them for fear of being misjudged.

Adults have baggage. I have just as much baggage as the next person, and it prevents us from just being. We wrongly assume one thing, and guess at other things - we presume we know something and think we know what someone else is saying.  Our baggage gets in the way.

Oh to start a clean slate and have all of that complication waved away. To just go back to it being simple.

So, here goes;

My favourite colour is purple.
I love Ironman and dark chocolate.
I only like salt and vinegar on my chips when I am drunk.
My best friends are too numerous to mention...and,
I really like you. Really. I would like to get to know you better than I do today. I would like you to trust me, and I would like to trust you.

Then we'll see how it goes.

Simple.

No comments: