Total Pageviews

Sunday 12 August 2012

I can do anything...can't I?

In my bid to be super independent, I have purchased a new lawn mower.

The other has died a death, and the grass is getting so long that soon I will be able to go out there and plait it.

I am fairly sure that the wildlife is having a blooming field day out there, but it just has to go - the hobbits will never be able to play out there when they get back, I would lose them forever.

Now, although I am not completely DIY minded, I am fairly good about following instructions. I can put shelves up with a drill, oh yes baby I have my own drill. I can grout a bathroom, I have put furniture together including a very complicated bed from IKEA (admittedly it took me all bloody day) and I will try most things.

The good thing is, that this lawn mower is easy - it comes in three parts and has three screws - how easy is that?

You'd think?

I have just abandoned it in the kitchen yet again, after trying to put the blooming thing together. Excuse the profanity in today's blog, but it is really getting on my *$%^*())*&%$$ nerves!!!!!

It really is so simple but each screw I try works in one hole, but the others don't work in the other two holes. The washers and bolts won't join where they are supposed to, the plastic fiddly bit won't stay on, and the plastic cap doesn't fit. I hate it and want to kick the living crap out of it!!!

I just want to mow my lawn, peacefully, serenely and drink Pimms on my freshly cut grass - but the bloody machine has me completely flummoxed.

I have no choice but to wait till my Dad comes to see me next week, to see if he can help.

I am a bit of a stubborn bugger and don't really like asking for help. But sometimes, you just have to give in to the lawn mower issues of this world, and ask for help. It's never easy to say to someone else that you need more support than normal, especially when you are striving to hold it together. But I have learn't that it's always there when you ask.

And that's what Dad's are for right?
I am so sorry to ask you Dad, but I am pathetic and this orange and grey thing beat me. I am exhausted just thinking about it - please help?

1 comment:

biker said...

Ah some times its not the constructor
but the maker missing parts