Total Pageviews

Wednesday 29 August 2012

The boys are back in town...

'Guess who just got back today?
Those wild eyed boys that had been away,
Haven't changed, haven't much to say,
But man I still say those cats are crazy'

Today was...The Return of the Hobbits...much screaming and applauding should be maintained; however just to clarify the screaming is normally coming from them, and I suspect the applauding would be those left behind in their wake on the plane.

Meeting them at the airport I felt like a nervous wreck.

Luckily B's little boy came with me for moral support, and I also bumped into a friend who works at the airport just about to start her shift. Thank you so much for that amazing supportive hug S, it was so needed and I apologise for sniffling on your shoulder.

They eventually came through about half an hour later, and yes I confess, after weeks of pent up emotion, I broke down. They are tanned, taller and a little bit wiser. Six weeks does a lot to a superhero.

My 7 year old Spiderman actually took my face in his hands at one point while I cried, and said "It's OK mummy, I am home now." He then pushed my cheeks up into a smile. I am very very lucky to have such a man about the house.

In fact, Spiderman genuinely seems to have come back a little more concerned about me and others around him. He doesn't seem to get so distressed about things (I'm sure there will still be moments), but in just a couple of hours I have noticed him brush off things which in the past would have bothered him, and he is much more tactile and helpful.

Whereas 2 out of 3 hobbits, are just as feisty and stubborn as always, (added to that a little bit of melodramatic Spanish hand action) and I have no idea where on earth they get any of those traits from.

Needless to say just a few hours in, the house is trashed, the Lego Room has seen many a better day and the hamster has been poked and forgotten about in minutes.  However the house is happy again, it has lifted the atmosphere and we are all where we should be.

Tonight they get Pizza from the delivery man, and B and I are drinking Champagne in celebration - because they are so worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful wonderfulness! What a happy entry!