Total Pageviews

Saturday 18 August 2012

Tick tock, tick tock...

Today has dragged.

I am beginning to hate weekends. I can't believe that I would rather be working, because today has been one of the longest days ever.

I swear at one point, I checked the clock and it had gone back ten minutes.  I am beyond help - really I am.

It has also been one of the most expensive days of the summer holidays so far - and that was without hobbits. Normally I blame them for the lack of pennies in my bank account, however today it was the turn of the car. Serves me right for washing it with such vigour I suppose.

As I crossed to the back wheel I noticed a distinct lack of air.
Now I am quite good at keeping the tyre pressures checked; I drive a lot for work, so I check oil, water and air on a fairly regular basis.  So a flat tyre is not a good sign.

Thirty minutes and 120 quid later I had two new back ones. Ouch!  Strangely enough - even though time dragged all day, it didn't take long for me to spend that money.

I know why I am so bored today, and I know that you all know why I am bored today. The honeymoon period is over. We are at least on the home run and have just eleven sleeps before my superheroes come home. I will never be letting them go away for as long again, unless they are 34 and moving out for good.

I have no one to pester today. Two of my closest friends are away, and other friends are busy living their own lives. Well, one assumes they are - I can't keep hanging on the coat tails of my mates, there is a part of me that has to adjust to life without hobbits.

So how I have manged to get through today I really don't know. I even went to bed this afternoon just to kill an hour...unfortunately I know this will backfire later as I probably won't be able to sleep tonight.

I could always ring a chatline I suppose.
Oh, no, just spent £120 on tyres...that won't do.

It is now 4 o'clock - I have another three and a half hours to kill before going to a friends for dinner. I know if my dad were here he'd suggest all sorts of things to keep my brain occupied. I know that I should be revising even, but when your brain is feeling a bit lonely and a bit fidgety it doesn't want to concentrate on other things.

Focus. Must focus....brain wanders off again. Bad brain.

When you have a lot of time on your hands and your brain can't concentrate on good strong positive things, it suggests other random crap to you instead.  So I have probably had conversations in my head today with many different people, and they have no idea.

Should I get my white coat and come quietly now?

Fidget, fidget, pace, pace. 4.15 now. I might go and inspect the carpet for fluff, or something equally as exciting.

No comments: