Total Pageviews

Friday 17 August 2012

Letters of the alphabet...

I have a W.
Everyone should have a W.

In fact, I also have 2 L's, an H, an S, and J (three J's) a T, and a B and a C.
I could go on, but I think you get my drift.

These letters represent my friends, and it has come to my attention recently that they would like a mention on said blog. I don't blame them. They should be mentioned and they often are, but of course no-one ever knows who said what generally.
My blog remains anonymous, in order, of course, to protect the innocent but more often than not to protect those not so innocent. J? Recognise yourself here?

This is of course, exactly how it should be. I can write about the important letters in my life without them feeling exposed.

So today I dedicate my blog to them, I may miss some of them off my list but that doesn't mean that they are not important, but more about the fact that others can only read so much when gloating about ones friends.
So let's start with W. She is fun, kind and a bit of a role model. She has been very supportive in the last few months, and always checks up on how I am doing...it's all about me you know! She is an amazing mum and absolutely gorgeous...male friends sit back in your chair as she is spoken for and has an amazing man to suit her personality.
Now, B has been mentioned by letter and I think everyone knows how I feel about B. in fact I have two B's. The first one lives the closest to me and I am often pestering her for tea or advice, I sincerely hope it works both ways as she is more than welcome at my door at any time of day or night. She has become one of my closest friends and there is nothing I wouldn't do for her. And to just mention she is also another bloody fantastic mum too!

The other B is currently in a country far far away, and has honoured me with at least three Skype calls in the last six months. She is not a mum, so there is no theme here...however she is thoughtful, considerate and daft at the same time, and I just know that sooner or later she will be swept off her feet.

C is currently on holiday, the selfish mare! Her and her husband often inspire a blog or two, which is probably why it has been so lame this past week. Come back soon so I have something to write about.  C is clever, intuitive, beyond kind and I love her to bits.
Now there has to be a special mention for J. I have known J for over thirty years, did you realise that girlfriend? I am sure you did, being a clever old bugger and all that. Thank you for the encouragement and the push. You and E are never far behind me, shouting my name on in the race.

Worthy of a mention are the three L's; one is an unexpected farmer and doing brilliantly, one is a closely guarded secret and the other is completely loopy. The latter has had me crying with laughter with the sharing of stories, and it is so easy being his friend.

Then there is T, J, H, L and S. I sincerely hope you recognise your letter here, because you are all deserving of a mention. The wine has flowed and you have all been absolute troopers, fixing my lawnmower, my head and my drink - and in no particular order.

I also have an A. He knows who he is and he knows how much he means to me. He empowers me and he is very special.
The only way to have friends, is to be one.
People say that you can only count on up to five friends in your lifetime, and whilst I admit that some friends are closer than others - I consider myself extremely lucky that I have an inner circle, a middle circle and an outer circle of friends. 

Some of them live across the road, up the road, further North or abroad, but I genuinely appreciate everyone one of them - hence the dedication today.

So thank you from A-Z for being there - this blog is to say you are all fantastic, amazing people. You have listened and encouraged; slapped me when I needed it and I have never felt I couldn't call you - even though you have probably rather I hadn't. I sincerely hope that I am as good a friend to you as you guys are to me...cos after all, it's not all about me is it?

2 comments:

biker said...

your a lucky women so keep talking to your friends

Wonder(ing) Woman said...

I do :-)