Total Pageviews

Saturday 25 August 2012

True friendship...

Yesterday was a strange day.

There was a mixture of sadness for a good friend who is currently going through a very difficult time, to laughter and dancing at another friend's house - which was exactly what the doctor ordered in order to blow away the blues.

When one friend is suffering the way they are, you can't help but want to care and look after them to the very best of your ability. It goes against every fibre of our being to walk away, however for the moment this friend needs to work through their own issues and find their own resolutions. I truly believe that they will, even though they can not see that at the moment - however should they ever need me I sincerely hope that they know that I will be there for them whenever they call.

Because of my concern for my friend, B and C once again joined forces to ensure that I didn't crash into a heap of despair. I am so melodramatic. The resulting course of action was being fed pasta, a glass of wine and dancing to loud music until about 1am this morning.

We sang loudly and badly, and danced away the stressful emotions of the day. It never completely takes away the sadness that you are feeling, but it's a good start and cheap therapy.

This morning I have awoken to a calmer feeling; I have even revised well for my theory test, and passed three times on the online test...so a definite improvement.

I am very lucky to have such a great supportive network around me, and I won't ever take it for granted. I apologise if I talk too much about it on here, but there is no better outlook than knowing you have people you can rely on; and that's a message for my other friend too.

True friends are really not that hard to find if you know where to look.

No comments: