Total Pageviews

Thursday 13 September 2012

Cool mum...

Well, as many of you are aware today was the day that I took my motorbike theory exam.

Needless to say I have had a feeling of impending doom for about a week now, and yesterday and this morning my anxiety levels hit a record high.

I couldn't sleep last night, and I told pretty much everyone I knew not to message me with good luck and even turned the mobile phone off for good measure.

Over the top? Possibly. But I could just about focus on the task that was to be, let alone thanking people for their thoughts...

I got to the test centre in good time, and they allowed me to go in a little earlier. Which was probably the best thing to do rather than waiting in the waiting room, chewing my nails and holding back the urge to fart or vomit.

The test centre guys were very nice, and they led me through where if you don't know you complete a multiple choice question set of 50 questions, and a hazard test.

I did take my time....but oh my god, there were some things that I really hadn't revised, and clicking the mouse on the hazard test I was terrified that I hadn't clicked enough or on one film too much.

Thankfully, as I came out to collect my information, the guy didn't keep me waiting and quickly informed me that I had passed.

Bloody big beaming smile across my face, followed by hugging the guy.
He smiled too, and said he didn't mind hugs, so I gave him another one just for good measure.

Woohoo!!!!  Happy singing all the way home in the car.

This evening we then took the hobbits to MacDonalds to celebrate, though I think B and I will celebrate with wine later...and who should we bump into, but the bike test guy from around the corner.

It was fate.  He is also going to a party that B and I will be going to soon, and said all the other guys will be there as well from the bike school and will be more than happy to chat about my next stage. The Compulsive Basic Training part.

It feels like it is coming together...and when I finally get my hands on my bike, I will definitely be posting a photo.

Hobbits are very excited about going on mummy's bike...and I may, albeit just briefly, be a bit of a cool mum.

No comments: