Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Feeding hobbits...

Ok, I am bored of food. No, really I am.

Essentially in myself I am quite content, but I am bored in trying to think of the dietary requirements that three young hobbits need to help them grow.

Is it just me? They are of course all different personalities, and consequently all like and hate different things. The amount of time I have spent an evening cooking three different meals just to placate the situation is tiring.

One loves fish but hates sausages, another loves shepherds pie but hates spaghetti, another loves pasta but hates rice...arggghhhhh!

My three little superheroes would live on a diet of chips and ham & cheese toasties if I allowed them to...topped off with a handful of Haribo mix.

How did it become so difficult to cater for them all?

People say to me, just give them the same thing - they will soon eat it if they are hungry, but my hobbits are as stubborn as their mother and will not give in just because they know there is nothing else.

I need some fresh ideas to try on them, so that I don't feel like I am catering for three different diets on a daily basis. I try talking to them about what they would like, so that I don't serve a meal up and hear at least one, 'ohhhhhh, I don't like mince/pasta/sausages' etc...

It is quite exhausting, especially when you think you have cooked them a nice healthy meal and they sniff at it like a cat does with a new and improved can of whiskers and looks at you disgusted.

Ideas anyone? Just to make feeding time with hobbits, just a tad less stressful?

This evening I have used bribery...I tend to use that a lot, does that make me a bad mother? I don't know for sure, but at least it gets a vegetable or two in them.

No comments: