Total Pageviews

Friday 5 October 2012

Status update...

Oh my god I am so tired.

I have managed to run on coffee and the energy of a five year old for too many weeks now, and in the last few days someone high up gave me a cold. It has knocked me for six today.

My body wants to sleep for days; my eyes are being held up by imaginary tooth picks like some dodgy cartoon character and I ache all over. My bed is calling my name softly, saying 'I am here for you, I am comfortable, warm and soft...come lie on me and snuggle under a duvet.'

Alas, I don't have time for that during the day, however tonight when all hobbits are asleep I am going to have a bath, then marinade myself with vapour rub in a very non-sexual way and sleep in the fumes...lucky I sleep alone isn't it?

The good thing is, besides all of that I am actually quite happy. Weird huh?

A friend of mine is going through a crisis in her relationship. She is describing similar feelings and thoughts that I was having two years ago and beyond. What she talks about are things that I can completely identify in what was my own marriage before, and it is only now that I can truly see the right decision that I made.

I can look back now, just simply six months on and notice how much happier I am in every single way. My life with the hobbits is better than it has ever been. We laugh more, go out more, share more and talk more...we have people in our lives that help us do this, but essentially we truly are better as a single parent make up than my ex-husband and I ever were as a couple.

I also have someone else in my life who is special. It is early days as they say, but I see in him more kindness, honesty and warmth than I ever seen in anyone in a very long time.

So despite the cold and the runny nose, I am happy. Despite the traumas of life and the hobbit arguments, I feel good and my glass is half full always.

I see now what I couldn't really see at the time. That I was giving someone else my life and they gave nothing back. It is truly fantastic to have my life back and do the things that make the hobbits and I content.

We will go from strength to strength...because we can and because we have great people around us that love us and want to see us do well.

Status update; Moved on and doing just fine.

No comments: