Total Pageviews

Thursday 18 October 2012

You just can't give him away...

A friend of mine has a liaison planned for Saturday night.

She has prepared the house so that it is spick and span...fixed the dodgy leg on the bed that was once propped up with books; put a new toilet seat on...in fact that house hasn't seen as much work done it since she first moved in.

The man is obviously worth all this housework and maintenance attention...the night planned must, and will go without a hitch.

Alas...there is one minor issue. Her sixteen year old son.

What do you do with a sixteen year old young man on a Saturday night?

She initially asked me if he could babysit for me, and I could go away for the night. Indeed he has babysat for me on several occasions and it is true that he is more than capable,  and the hobbits love him.

Unfortunately I don't really have anywhere to go Saturday night, no pressing liaisons of my own, or secret rendezvous to attend to. Therefore, for once I don't need a babysitter.

Consequently it was hectic this morning, and we even effectively had a meeting about it this morning over coffee and other staff members to decide...what do we do with a sixteen year old so that he is not  scarred for life having listened to his mother shagging all night?

I mean god if that isn't enough to send a young man off the rails I don't what would be!

At close of business today, we are no closer to an answer. We have texted, wassap'd, face booked and viber'd everyone we can think of who needs a reliable decent babysitter, but it turns out that no one needs one this Saturday.

I think she may be buying some serious headphones for her son in the morning...unless a miracle occurs.

1 comment:

biker said...

Try asking where him would like to go with friends on a Saturday night

Most boys know what to do its just mum will not let them