Total Pageviews

Wednesday 14 November 2012

Brain, shhhh...I am trying to sleep...

Ok, so guess what happened to me this morning? I found myself awake on the wrong side of 4am...nice.

I am not totally sure why this is happening suddenly, I think my brain may be trying to reboot and kick start itself back into normal mode after recent events.

There is not one specific thing I can tell you that my brain is muttering about at this time of the morning, but it does feel that it is collectively sorting things, archiving and generally chatting to itself as one would do when doing the house work...or is that just me?

Brain to me; "Ok now we have to make lists..."
"Really? Now?" I say with one sleepy eye on the clock.
"Yes. There is stuff to do; hobbits at the dentist on thursday so you need to start getting anxious about that now; clear the back garden and take rubbish to the dump; ring him, her and the agent; remember the fairy cakes in the morning..."
"Oh, ok...right, got it."
"Archive this under A for achievements, that under C for crap and all of the other stuff under E for experience."
"Anything else?"
"Oh god yes, we will be here a while..so make yourself a cuppa while I carry on..."
I drag myself out of bed and walk staggering in the dark to the kitchen.
"Remember to blog about me as well, so you need to start thinking about what you are going to write." Says brain in a forthright manner.
"God you are so bossy."
"Well, someone needs to kick your arse..."

And it goes on...and it is that random, work, life, hobbits, school, Christmas, money...blah, blah, blah...I think my brain is sorting itself; that for recycling, that for rubbish, that for the fridge door so that I don't forget and all the rest of it can go in the 'that is life' filing section.

But why at 4am? It is so quiet in the house, I am concerned my brain will wake up a hobbit or two..why does it have to be at some ungodly hour, I have even tried asking it to reschedule with me later on in the morning, but it's having none of it.

So, I am resigned to having a meeting with my brain in the wee small hours. I have made myself another cup of tea, we have a note pad and pen and I will let my PA sort out my day, week and most probably my life. Once it feels that it is done nagging me...maybe it will be time to get up for work.

No comments: