Total Pageviews

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Coming in three's...

Well they say bad news comes in three's...and after a dead car and a dead hamster, today was the turn of the dead mobile phone.

How dependant are we on these little gadgets?
Initially I had just lost the signal, however it deteriorated from there...partly due to the fault of the twit I spoke to on Vodafone...oooo....can I name and shame on here?

Too late...I just did.

I only rang to ask if there was a problem with the service today and whether there had been any concerns about the general coverage. She informed me that there hadn't been, and then proceeded to take me through some tests which she sounded decidedly dodgy about and unsure herself, and before we know it my phone is now completely weirded out and has frozen.

Argh!! Talk about making a problem worse. She then suggested that there was a problem with my handset and perhaps I could try putting my SIM card in another mobile....er...I don't know many people who have two mobile telephones lying around, do you?

So after completely cocking up my mobile, she asks me if there is anything else she can do for me today? "Yes, actually."
"What would that be madam?"
"Actually fix the original problem, and then maybe find another job!"

Ok, so maybe I wasn't quite that arsey, but I bloody wanted to be.

So I take a trip to the Vodafone shop to get some one to one treatment. The manager of the store looks like she knows what she is doing, she talks like she knows what she is doing...but what she is actually doing doesn't resemble that.

She tries to look for my SIM card, and manages to break the volume button while doing so...she finally gets it back but in Safe Mode...so nothing new can download, and all recent contacts have been lost.
"I am sure it will work once it has been charged a bit." She says without conviction in her voice.
Really?

So I run back to the car, charge it for ten minutes, turn it on and off to try and get it out of safe mode, and guess what? It freezes with this lovely picture of a skull and cross bone on it...laughing! Not quite, but similar.

So I go back to Vodafone, and get to talk to Craig this time. Now Craig looks like he actually does know what he is doing, and he reboots my phone, tries to fix the volume button where Mrs Manager of the store has broken it and get's it out of safe mode. Yeah!!!

I have still lost most of my recent contacts, but someone informed me that if they wanted to call me then they would, however I am really not that popular and I wouldn't want to lose a friend because I haven't got their number to say, hi...alas, there is nothing I can do...

Except...write a snotty, annoyed email to Vodafone Customer Services for being inexperienced and inefficient. That will make me feel so much better.


No comments: