Total Pageviews

Saturday 17 November 2012

Fanuary...

Well it appears that you can't keep a good blogger down...I may be overselling myself here, but just when I think there isn't anything for me to blog about, something presents itself.

There are many of you that will be familiar with the current trend of 'Movember'. For those of you that aren't, it is when clean shaven men take a month to grow a moustache in order to promote awareness about prostate cancer.

A very worthwhile cause...and I hesitantly admit that some women are doing it too...allegedly.

Come January, there will be a similar cause for women to promote women's health and knowledge about cervical and ovarian cancer, called Fanuary.

My friend J would like to do something for Fanuary and women can either shave, embrace the growth, have a unique design or vajazzle.

"Vajazzle." She says to us during a brief quiet moment at work yesterday. "I have given it some consideration, and I am going with vajazzling."
"Oh...k." Says our colleague. "Any particular style?" He asks.
"I'm not sure yet," she ponders, "I have been thinking about it though and I want to do something. What sort of glue do you think they use? I wouldn't want to be rolling around and it just come off...a bit of a waste don't you think?"
"Something stronger than Uhu," I suggest.
"Unibond" says our colleague, "or hard as nails perhaps?"
"Perhaps they can just brush you with glue, and you could roll in a glitter pot?" I remark.
"Yes, like some dodgy pre-schoolers artwork?" Says our colleague laughing.
"Before you know it, you could be covered in dried pasta bows and lentils?" I suggest, before our colleague adds "...and old milk bottle tops!"

The image of J's refinery being decorated in such a way is somewhat disconerting and before we know it we have regressed to a bunch of giggly kids discussing other suggestions, of pirate transfers, or fake tattoos or even star chart stickers.

However, no matter what J does to her minnie, at least she can be safe in the knowledge that it is for a good cause. Nevertheless, unless she flashes us or takes a photo, we have no way of knowing if her vajazzling even exists...




No comments: