Total Pageviews

Friday 4 January 2013

Many lovers...

My father is encouraging me to be a strumpet...

Whilst discussing the Kama sutra with him today, as you do...doesn't everyone? He informed me that the only way forward is to take on many lovers.

"Try them all on for size my child," he said in an almost Karate Kid Mr Miyagi voice. "How do you know what makes a good lover, if you don't go out there and experience them all?"
"Well them all sounds a bit excessive dad, are you encouraging me to be a trollop?"
"No, not at all...I am just telling you that just because one is good, doesn't mean that there aren't others out there that are even better."

He then went on to explain that in his youth and heady single days, that his conquests reached triple figures until he found the right one he wanted to spend the rest of his days with.

His theory is that when one is single that one should be actively encouraged to go out and have flings,  avoid relationships like the plague and experience different...well, forbidden fruits.

However, being as bold as this doesn't always come that easy does it? I am not a natural born strumpet, or indeed do I have the body of a sex siren and of course there is also the old fashioned mentality that men can and women can't.

You see men can reach double or triple figures and they will be revered in the pub, congratulated as a virile man whilst women still have the stigma of being called unnecessary names if they as much as dare to think about sleeping with several men.

In fact only recently someone discussed in front of me how two young girls were classed as
slags because of their behaviour, and this came from a man who was not only allegedly someone who had had many women himself but was considered a charmer. Needless to say I hopefully put him in his place when I asked him if he practiced behaving like a complete dick or did it come naturally to him.

I am not entirely sure that embracing many lovers is the way to go, certainly from my point of view at the moment I am not ready to embrace anyone else let alone many of them...but who knows, maybe in a few months time I may well realise that getting back in the saddle is the key to moving on.

But over three hundred saddles? I may not ever walk again...

No comments: