Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 February 2013

All in the name of research...


Yesterday was not a good day. 
In fact it was a terrible day, interspersed with some light relief thanks to my hobbits.

Last week I let go of something that was very important to me, and yesterday it hit me like a sledgehammer...with full emotional force.

The emptiness is still there today, and will remain there for quite some time to come.  The ache of what you feel doesn't just simply go away and won't for a very long time; it would be very easy to try and call it back...to be there in the warmth, the kindness and just continue to love it.

I miss it more than I can ever try to explain.

My mobile telephone is achingly silent, and last night I put it on charge realising that it had almost a full battery still, where before I have almost always had to charge it again during the day...

I am hoping that it is true that if you let something go that you love, that it will one day return to you, if indeed it is yours to love.

Therefore today I really needed a better day and consequently I have spent a very therapeutic day in the company of Pootle.

What started as a quick cup of tea at her house at ten this morning, escalated in us spending the day together; putting the world to rights; making monumental decisions (her not me); playing football in the park (the boys not us) and we are now finishing it off making pancakes...

To be honest I think a day like today was just what we both needed. Some good company, some laughter (always lots of laughter with Pootle), a little bit of wistfulness and a little bit of extra wishful thinking. She is excellent company and hopefully between us we kept both of our spirits high and hopeful.

Alas she missed Friday nights little gathering as she was unwell, so naturally I filled her in on the delights of what occurred and what purchases were made...
"Allegedly," I inform her with just a whisper, just in case anyone is listening to us in the park, "there are amazing things that can be done with a thong and a set of stairs..."
"Really?" She asks intrigued, "tell me more."
"Got a thong?" I ask leaning in closer, on a conspiratorial secret that every single, indeed every woman should be made aware of.
"Yep, check" she confirms.
"Ok, you need to put it on backwards then run up and down the stairs three times."
"Then what? I'll be all puffed out." She said.
"Hopefully, you'll be feeling more than that." I say with a smile.
She looked at me, "really?"
I nod, "apparently."
"Wow, I know what I am doing tonight then."
Again I nod in agreement, "yep, I wonder how early I can get the kids to bed?"
"After all," she said, "it would be rude not to try."
"All in the name of research of course, as someone said to me recently." I confirm.

And at least if I text Pootle the results of the research, my phone will get used...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe one day he will come back before it is too late! BJ

Wonder(ing) Woman said...

I am hoping that he will Anon, after all it would be rude not to have someone help me with my research??!!

Now...BJ that is unusual, is that your initials or a euphemism? :-)

Anonymous said...

Now really! would someone with the initials of BJ really know what a euphemism is.... or is this just a double bluff??? BJ

biker said...

Ships that pass in the night are never seen again

So try not to miss the boat before it is to late