Total Pageviews

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Assumptions...

I picked up an old friend from the station this evening.

I have to say it did look rather dodgy even for our standards...there was nowhere for me to park so I swung the car through the tunnel and pulled over quickly while he jumped in, shouting "drive, drive, drive!!"

This wouldn't look suspicious normally but he does stand out in a crowd a bit, and with wooly hat pulled down and black dark coat it did look like we were pulling off some kind of bank heist and I was driving the getaway car.

So a good start to the evening, eh?

He has been very supportive the last few days and I want to thank him for that. Today he came down to see me and the boys much to their delight, as it meant someone else could play the Wii with them rather than boring old mummy.

He, Pootle and I have spent some time discussing the world, relationships and amongst many other things the art of assumptions.

The three of us are quite sociable people. We like to chat to everyone and anyone...almost everyone has a story to tell. However, it doesn't mean that we are looking out for the next notch on our bed post.

"I actually always miss the signals if someone does fancy me," says L sipping coffee at the dining room table, "I actually spent one evening getting signals from one woman desperate to snog me, and missed every one of them until my best mate almost shouted it in my face!"
"It is the assumption that just because you may be talking to a member of the opposite sex in a friendly way, that therefore you must fancy them that always gets me," I mention, "why can't women be friends with men?"
L agrees, he has many female friends, and some of them have been stunners and he has only seen them as a sister type relationship...much like our relationship, (not that I am suggesting that I am a stunner here you know!)

I have some good male and female friends. They all serve a purpose in my life and hopefully I do in theirs too. I get good advice from males as equally as I do females, and surely that type of friendship should be encouraged rather than the assumption you just want to get in the sack with them?

In the climate of being single (two out of three of us are), it is really hard to just simply talk, be, and try things out. Thankfully gone are the younger days when you felt almost obligated to fancy someone back if they found you attractive. Now we are more confident about our decisions...but please don't assume that just because I talk to a man, who is perhaps attractive that I fancy him.

You know what people say about the word assume...it makes an ass out of you and me...

1 comment:

L said...

Just like to say I had a great time last night catching up with you and the lovely Pootle.

It's always good to be in the company of people who really make you feel good.

Next time beer, curry and lots more laughs. L