Total Pageviews

Sunday 24 February 2013

Checking the list...

With the realisation that we are coming to the end of February next week, it has hit home that I only have three and a half months to complete the things on my list that I set myself just under a year ago.

My god where has it gone?

I know that my final blog will be from New York and I already know what that blog will contain to a degree. It will be a recap of what I have learnt, achieved and done in the year...good and bad. However, there are still over 100 sleeps to go so anything could happen within that time.

During a conversation with Pootle this morning I have run down a quick check list of things that I have done, and things I haven't. Some things were never on my initial list, but happened anyway...proof if it were ever needed, that life never happens the way you think it will.

So with the list in my mind, I have set myself onto my next task.

To learn to drive a tractor.

I have no idea why I have a burning desire to learn to drive one, but there is something about driving a great big cab with monster wheels that has to be empowering.

"T can drive a tractor," says Pootle to me over coffee, "he could teach you."
"Really? Wow, would you ask him?"
She nods, "absolutely, however, we kind of need a tractor for you to actually practice on."
"Yes," I concur, "it's no good making one out of a big box - it really wouldn't have the same impact."

I have visions of my first lesson being with a cardboard steering wheel, cardboard gear stick and Pootle at the side making big tractor noises...no, we need the real thing.

"Well," she says, "where T has his lock up it is on a farm, he gets on well with the Farmer there who has a huge Massey Ferguson Tractor. I am sure we could ask him."

Ok, things are taking shape...we have checked the licence, and I don't need anything else besides my driving licence in order to drive one off road.

So the next things are the tattoo...the cowboy hat...off roading...making amendments to the CV...but the last achievement I think I will keep to myself for just now, as life is never predictable or straightforward and for many different reasons some things should remain a secret....for the time being.

So keep an eye out on the roads; the tractor holding you up in traffic in the summer might just be me...

No comments: