Total Pageviews

Saturday 9 February 2013

Sleep over...

I woke up this morning with a woman in my bed.

Sounds like a good night huh...? Or at least the start of something good...

You'll probably be slightly disappointed to hear that it was simply Pootle, although I'm not....anything else might have been a bit weird.

Pootle had a little nights respite last night and pottered off to enjoy herself, leaving me in charge of extra hobbits. It made sense for them to sleep over and whilst they are quite comfortable about being in our home, Pootle does have one mini hobbit who may have been upset in the night so it made sense for the pair of us to snuggle up too.

Needless to say they all behaved themselves impeccably, were all in bed and fast asleep by 7.30 and didn't ask me for sweets; popcorn or a film once...hmmmm.

To be fair they did actually behave themselves quite well. Having five little, energy filled boys is no easy task and Pootle herself has reciprocated the favour. By 9pm, however it really was time to go to sleep and after much cajoling and encouragement we still weren't getting anywhere.

So I sat at the top of the stairs and read them Danny, Champion of the World until they fell asleep; either through sheer exhaustion or the boredom of listening to my voice for half an hour.

Pootle rolled in a little bit tipsy a few hours later having had a very nice night out, and after chatting about her evening we decided it made more sense for her to stay the night just in case the mini hobbit woke up upset...and there was no way she was sleeping on the sofa.

So I had my own sleep over.

It was quite nice actually, the pair of us lying in the dark (in our pyjamas I promise, don't get carried away) chatting about anything. The only slightly alarming thing was Pootle letting off the most horrendous fart about fifteen minutes in...made us giggle for about just as long though. She is a classy bird.

So this morning, with the pair of us having slept like logs, there was something quite comforting about having her there. We drank tea in bed with five hobbits cuddling us watching the news, and then worked together to get them up, dressed, breakfasted and ready.

Just how a family should be.

Pootle and I have pretty much decided that if the pair of us do end up alone with cats as our only company, that we will buy a house and live out our days together; which sounds like a pretty damn fine back up plan to me.

I think separate rooms and beds might be in order though...there are only so many of her farts I can handle.

No comments: