Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 March 2013

Mother's Day...

A very Happy Mothering Sunday to those in the UK who read my blog...

From the men in my life who love me the most...
 
I am pleased to report that I have been made breakfast by the men in my life...two slices of toast; one that just had a large slab of spread on it, and the other that was barely shown the knife.  There was a small debate about what I might like to have to drink for my Mother's Day breakfast beverage, and after some discussion that tea was too hot for them to make, water too boring... they settled on offering me a glass of wine.

I am not sure what they are suggesting...really!

We will be off to do the rounds by showing the love to my own mother, but I just wanted to mention today that I have a lot of friends who are mothers themselves and even my very own step mother, who are very special people in my life.

My step mother is rarely mentioned except when it comes to talking about her abundance of clothes, but I hope she knows that I love her. She is an intelligent, articulate woman who stops my father from interfering too much in my life. (I know you have to hold him back on occasion!)

The step parent is never an easy role...either when being introduced to young or older children, but she has managed this by just being herself, and being supportive and encouraging when it was needed. It is a fine balance and I have to say she does it very well.

I sincerely hope that you all have a good day and get spoilt by the children in your life, young or old...one friend got a tin of baked beans brought to her this morning from her one year old...she'll never forget that gift!

So from the hobbits and I, we wish you all a very Happy Mother's Day...whatever your role!




No comments: