Total Pageviews

Sunday 28 April 2013

Friends like these...

Someone blew me away today.

Someone actually made me scream out loud, in public, for at least two minutes...then I cried.

Impressive huh?

Now I can assure you, ecstasy at that level isn't an easy feat, however this person managed to help me attain that level and I haven't seen them for two years.

With the help of my friend J, it was arranged that I would be surprised at Brighton Pier at 3pm this afternoon by my lovely friend L who I haven't seen for just over two years. L lives in Gran Canaria and was over just for the weekend and through careful messaging, her and J arranged the most amazing surprise.

It was totally awesome seeing her and yes I screamed and cried because she is one of my many friends who has always supported me even long distance, (although you forgot the knitting patterns babe!) and it was truly bloody overwhelming to see her...hence the crying into her shoulder.

I have to say I really have had an absolutely brilliant weekend, I have been so lucky and why I ever get sad I will never know because I truly do have the most amazing people around me.

I had dinner with a very lovely friend on Friday night, a great day with my dad on Saturday, and before the excitement of seeing L today, the hobbits and I spent two hours watching Robot Wars....live!

Who knew that watching tiny to large robots ripping the crap out of each other could be such fun?

It was AWESOME!!!! I am not sure who got more fun out of it, the hobbits or me...they fight like hell, throw each other out of the arena, chop each other up and try to squash the hell out of their opponents. My highlight was the dalek and Goliath, the most amazing piece of robot engineering...totally impressed...and Dad, you have so got to come next time!

However the real highlight of the weekend has to go to L. Babe, you are such a great friend...I can not believe that you and J kept that quiet from me, (cos if you knew J, any secret would have killed her)...it was emotional as hell seeing you, but you did indeed promise me a hug and a cuppa and I so needed it.

Thank you for flying thousands of miles and giving me the boost that I needed, just when I needed it...so you see, with friends like these, I have no reason to ever be sad.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOO she sounds like a good friend who is very wise!

Wonder(ing) Woman said...

Yes she is...tendency to blow her own trumpet about her wiseness as well, but will forgive her for that as she is so lovely!!! Xx