Total Pageviews

Monday 6 May 2013

Simplistic...

I feel in a pensive mood this evening.

I confess, I am unsure if this is a good or bad thing...it is certainly not a great thing to over think a situation or mood, but perhaps it is the long weekend giving me time to reflect...

Pootle and I have toiled hard this weekend. I barely recognise my back garden and it has taken me two days, several cups of tea, two lawnmowers and left me with very sore hands to get it back to some sort of decency after the winter months.

The sun was out today, in full force...I think I even got a bit of colour as I wandered around the garden with weeds and a spade. Eventually, as the sun started to set we commenced the BBQ and the gin, to admire my work and discuss the weekend in general.

A friend had been round earlier in the day and I mentioned this to Pootle...him and his wife are unhappy together, but they stay together for the simple reason that it is safe.
"Why do people do that?" I ask Pootle over the rim of the lemon floating in my gin..."why would you choose to stay with someone, when you still have maybe thirty, forty years left of your life?"
Pootle agrees, "scared of the unknown. But I agree, if both of you are unhappy, have no ties why not just let it go? Essentially it is your life, you don't belong to anyone else...so live it happy, either with someone else or alone...but be happy."

Simplistic?

I can not understand why you would choose a path that means you will remain in a loveless relationship for the rest of your life. Why you would choose safe over the chance of being with someone who really cares about you, or even just the single life and simply being happy doing your own thing.

Perhaps that is why I am so deep in thought this evening...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, if i hadnt have cut my loses i wouldnt have had the best eleven years of my life xxx

Hayley said...

Life is for living the moment and grabbing the good times when you can xxx

Wonder(ing) Woman said...

You have just enlightened me with your story Hayley...thank you. You of all people know how precious time is. Xxxx