Total Pageviews

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Wine online...

J has been exposed to the beauty that is online food shopping.

She is ecstatic beyond belief. The experience has kept her busy for an hour or so now.

"This is fantastic," she says like a child, "I am never gonna step into a supermarket again. Why would I need to?"
"Well, you might need to buy milk one day. You can't order just milk."
"Oh my god, " she squeals, "I can get wine delivered."

She is in heaven...
"They are even recommending wine to me, how can I not buy it? They are actually recommending wine!" She says slyly.
"How on earth do they know you?"
"I don't know...but I am buying it, they said so...they recommended wine and Branston Beans."
"You my dear, are a marketing man's dream."
"I," she says, "am a classy bird. I am having my wine delivered to my door. To my door!" She is really that excited.
"Babe, it is Asda, not Harrods."
She glares at me, the only way J can, "I am having recommended wine delivered to my door. They will knock on my door..." She pauses...
"With wine," I finish. "In an Asda bag."
"Just because you're not classy, don't mock the rest of us who are."

I concede defeat, I am not classy...I can not compete with the classy friend who sits opposite me at my dining room table.

The most excited I get about my food shopping online experience is when I keep the bill under sixty quid...and no, I don't get wine delivered.

"Wine online," She mutters to herself smiling while paying her bill, "every week. To my door."

My classy friend is happy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The funny thing is she'll start getting it delivered at Silly o' clock in the morning and have to drag herself up with a almighty hangover to answer the door! A definate chicken and egg scenario!

Wonder(ing) Woman said...

That is so true...clearly you know her v well...so you are either the other half, or J herself!!! Lol xx

Anonymous said...

I would like to advise that its not being delivered until 6-8pm, which is sensible and responsible for me, also most of the neighbours will be home to stand behind their curtains to watch and twitch! I'm so gonna be the gossip of the week when the Adsa online van pulls up! Well excited! Pure class! :) J xx

Biker said...

This sounds like a party wine and cheese ok but wine and bake beans !
well that's different

should it not be Pimms O Clock

Wonder(ing) Woman said...

Ahh....Pimms O clock, that would be the time that Pootle and I work to...and gin o clock!!!