Total Pageviews

Sunday 9 June 2013

Almost 100%...

About an hour after the blog went out last night, I received a phone call on my mobile...

"What are you doing tomorrow morning?" Says a voice I recognise.
"Erm, nothing," ever the socialite me, "it's Sunday, we avoid all things on a Sunday morning."
"Good, be ready by half ten."
"Any particular reason?" I ask, imagination running on overtime thinking I was perhaps being whisked by private jet to Paris.
"Yep. You, my dear, will be driving a tractor."
I don't think my friend heard much more than squealing down the phone.

So this morning, my friend S, Pootle, the boys and I drive to a place called Piltdown, where this wonderful man, known locally as Pops arrives in a great big tractor complete with baler on the back.

It is massive...and very red. Climbing in the cab, he takes me through the controls, clutch, forward, reverse and neutral, all fairly easy as it happens and off we go.

It was amazing. A real buzz. The tractor is a Case, has 12 gears forward and driving one makes you feel like you are driving this monumental vehicle which has the capacity to flatten everything in its path. The steering is a bit sensitive, but once you get the hang of it you can then sit and relax.

I absolutely loved it...and we even have a video, although I must apologise as it wasn't shot by anyone technical, but by Pootle who even on her own admittance says she is crap at anything that involves technology. But none the less, it is proof that I ticked off that one thing I really didn't think I was going to get to do...I drove a tractor for a good twenty minutes, and no farmers were harmed in the journey.
Video evidence of the tractor

It has been an excellent day...and Pootle and I then finished the afternoon off by challenging each other to a race up a climbing wall.

I won...*insert annoying winners laugh here*

So, the list is complete apart from the off roading experience. The book draft is there...it is ready to go into a proper format now that I have the material that I needed so I would say that it is pretty much darn close to a 100% than I am ever going to get.

Thank you to S and Pops who made that experience possible this morning. Driving a tractor was all that I expected...and so much more. I loved it!

No comments: