Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 June 2013

Chewbacca...


Well, you know life has a way of throwing unexpected surprises your way?

Some of course...well, the ones we are used to anyway...tend to leave us a bit bruised, financially poor or even shell shocked, however there are a few occasions when something nice lands on your lap...

Pootle and I have been out dancing this evening. We love to dance as you know, and yeah we gave as good as everyone else...actually Pootle did one better, by managing to find someone random to do her face in neon face paints.

Only Pootle eh? Embracing the hippie within as always.

Anyway, that has nothing to do with the unexpectedly nice thing...that came in the form of someone who appears to be intelligent, honest, friendly, good looking and - dare I say it gentlemanly?

I know, I know - you think I jest. You can not believe that this miracle creature exists...well, I can tell you it does. Ladies, I have found the unicorn...

Oh ok - so maybe not quite the holy grail, but certainly someone who is ticking quite a few boxes in a very short space of time and holding his own in conversation...he even, (shockingly) used a word I had to look up...this man knows his stuff!

I am impressed...and I like the fact that he impresses me.  I sincerely hope in the not too distant future that there will be more pressings - sorry, ahem - impressing...however, as we know, the journey is rarely that simple or easy.

I confess there is one thing...but I don't think it is going to be the issue that I thought it might...this lovely man is younger than me...does that make me a bad person? I know my dad wouldn't see it that way, although my mother might...but hey, we live in different times here. Some people have to grow up quicker than others, maybe I have met someone who actually did, once, live in Peru...

If you don't know that clue then you are not a regular reader and must go henceforth and read all previous posts from The year of being forty...

However whether or not he is from Peru, knows how I like my coffee - or is just something nice and cuddly, like Chewbacca from Star Wars we will have to wait and see...

But for now, I shall enjoy the little ride and see where it goes...it could be something really good for a change...

No comments: