Total Pageviews

Wednesday 5 June 2013

No living with us...

Nine sleeps to go!!!!!!!!!!

OMG...we are getting so close now that I have even made the decision to pick up the suitcase this week...

At last, we are in single figures and Pootle and I are really beginning to get very excited about our impending trip in just, did I mention, nine sleeps!!!!

Excitement and adrenalin has an amazing impact on a person, I have to say. We seem to have started randomly saying 'good morning' to strangers; both noted that we have started intermittently giggling like schoolgirls throughout the day for no inexplicable reason (not so useful when Pootle is in a lecture and I am in a meeting); the pair of us feel that constant adrenalin under the skin reminding us that 'New York, New York' is really just around the corner.

We are both working on over time at the moment; Suddenly finding the ability to do all of those extra jobs, fix things around the house, make costumes for school reading day; do ten jobs at a time like real auper mums do and in general get through the day on minimal sleep.

The adrenalin has an amazing power to help you get things done. I am getting through my lists far quicker than I ever did before, and I feel more focused. I have an agenda and an ultimate goal...

The worrying thing is if we feel like this now, the excitement and morning banter with strangers with just nine sleeps to go...what the hell are we going to be like in seven sleeps...or god forbid when we arrive in the city itself?

God help all friends and random strangers over the next week or so...there will be no living with us...

No comments: