Total Pageviews

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Fuckwits...

What an absolutely amazing day...

Loving the sun, loving the way it makes people feel and how good it makes me feel...Christ have I become one of those annoyingly, constantly happy Sandra Dee types???

Well, whatever...the sun is out and on the way to an appointment this morning I actually stopped the car and got out to admire the view. The sky was clear across the downs and the many fields that were filled with yellow rape seed looked absolutely glorious this morning.

All this hot weather is also bringing out the flirt and the fun in us all. This week has been great catching up with someone who is so far removed from Penultimate that the word should actually be removed from the dictionary; we have a cute, slow burning potential in the background and of course just nine days to go until New York where my trusted tarot reader says the man of my dreams will whisk me off my feet! Hmmm well, she said I might meet someone that I might fancy, that might blow me away or alternatively I could just sit and watch Spider-Man on Broadway in his tights....hmmm....

However, isn't it amazing that we as a race always look for the black cloud amongst the happiness. We can not help but note that a beautiful day will not last, (especially in the UK) we have to look for the bit that isn't right...for example;

I caught up with my very colourful work colleague today, and as I breezed into the office all happy and sunny like she called me over...
"Ok, check out this..." And she clicks on her smartphone to show me the latest guy she has been chatting to online.
Very muscly, looking a bit too smooth, flash car....
"Ok, what are we thinking here?" I ask her.
"Honestly? With the fireman uniform?" She smiles, "he is so not a fireman...he is a stripper!"
"Excellent work, young Padawan." I agree with her, "however, I wouldn't refuse a first date...and I think you could even be excused for breaking the five date rule with him."
"There has got be something wrong with him..." She says and I check out the photo again, I have to give it to her...he is very hot.
I shrug, "maybe he is only four foot?"
"Oh my god that will be it, won't it?" She shrugs herself, "oh well, what the hell..." And laughs. "So come on spill the latest..."
So I do and quickly inform her of any recent dates or potentials out there....she asks all the right things, and after hearing the relevant check list information she looks at me incredously..."aw come on, there must be something wrong with him?"
"More than likely, just haven't discovered it...yet."
"All of that?" She shakes her head, "he has probably got his mother banged up in cling film and buried in the freezer or something..."
"Well, there was something...but I wouldn't have said that it was dodgy...it just came across as dodgy."
"Spill...!"
"He helps out with a youth group, one evening a week...so he is either a pillar of the community or..."
"...on the register!" She finishes.

You see? We can not help ourselves. Even when someone seems to tick every box, we are still looking for the small print...that bit that says, actually although to all appearances I look like the next best thing to sliced bread...I am actually a Fuckwit.


No comments: