Total Pageviews

Thursday 25 July 2013

A glimmer of hope...


A woman is open, honest, kind and bubbly...and she enjoys the company of men equally as much as her female friends.... yet some men see this as a 'come on'...why?

This question has arisen this week and consequently an open and honest debate has ensued at my house this evening...thankfully, you will be pleased to hear not with the Hobbits.

If a man is open and honest about any subject that you can care to think about - he is seen as modern man...a bit of a holy grail....but a woman, who knows her own mind and clearly knows what she likes and wants, is seen as potentially someone who is too independent; slightly intimidating and for others is seen as an opportunity...
...and not always in a good way.

Don't get me wrong - I would advocate honesty over anything and having a man that is equally as honest and kind is truly something to hold onto...J will tell you that.

So what am I trying to say here...clearly something is playing on my mind.

Hmm...well I have had the pleasure (ahem) of a few different dates recently...and conversations with a few different men. Some, read my blog...some don't. Some have known me for sometime and know who I am, what I believe in etc - whilst others have made assumptions and judgements...often wrongly.

However I can not control what people think or indeed feel about me. On the surface I can pretend to be the person who they want me to be, but for those who take the time to find out - there is more going on underneath than simply a conversational blog about vibrators.

Underneath is what is important - not my take on the latest sex toy...if that is the only thing that interests you about me, then you are missing out on my latest opinion of current affairs or indeed my inner most fears and thoughts, essentially getting to know me and I you...does that make sense?

I wouldn't want a male companion who didn't care about those things, who considers that those surface conversations are relevant - cos they truly aren't. Having a discussion about sex with someone doesn't mean that I am game...or indeed available; please don't make that assumption about me.

It just means that I am happy to talk about things in a general way - but trust me, there is far more to learn if you bother to take the time.

Thankfully where some men can not be bothered to take a closer look, there are men out there who will...as I am beginning to find out finally...so Pootle, there may just be a glimmer of hope for us after all...

No comments: