Total Pageviews

Monday 8 July 2013

My other half...


I have some news to announce.

People have been asking Pootle and myself a couple of questions with the same theme lately;

Are we sisters?
Are we a couple?
Are we likely to run off and live in a mud hut together and grow veg from pots?

Well, the quickest answer to all of the above is No, but I can not vouch for Pootle and the mud hut thing - it is entirely along the lines of something she would do...

No, we are definitely not sisters...I am sure my father would have noticed...nevertheless I think my dad would be quite happy to welcome another daughter to our team. Also, I find it hard to believe that siblings really get on as well as Pootle and I do; My actual sister and I barely see each other throughout the year, let alone go on holiday together or share a bottle and a goss over dinner.

Are we a couple? Hmmmm...define couple...
We are a couple of idiots that get the fit of the giggles, does that count? But, are we an actual couple? Both Pootle and I can tell that some people are just dying to ask us...we get on well, are pretty much always around each others houses, depend on each other, share crap stories and happy stories; buy each other flowers to cheer the other one up...and miss each other when we don't see the other...

So yeah...we are a kind of a couple.
However, neither of us are about to change our relationship status on Facebook, or indeed embrace the restaurant downstairs...but we are a couple enough that we care; will cook each other dinner; think of the other when out shopping...or bring a favourite coffee back...

In fact...our relationship has just taken that next step...

Pootle and I have talked, just discussed mind, moving in together.
Gulp.

It's a big step - I know we haven't been seeing each long, just over a year, but we feel that we may be ready. We are starting to have 'that' conversation...it just seems to make sense. Get big house; six bedrooms - and well, you know...pitch in and raise the kids together.

Why not?
Well, essentially we can't afford a house that big...not until I get a big advance for my novel, but then we are really considering that actually getting a house together may be the way to go.

We get annoyed with each other on occasion, but far less than a man annoys us. We are far more considerate to each other than any man has ever been to us, and whilst neither of us fancy each other - let's be honest, if sex is what you need, you can get sex anywhere...

Am I being too brutal? Really? How many women out there would seriously consider living in an all female commune? To abandon the idea of living with their husbands and raise the kids in an environment that is more chilled?

Ok, gents - maybe I am being unfair to you. There are many of you that make excellent fathers...and a few out of the billion on this planet that make great husbands...but you know what, (and I am prepared for the backlash) *whispers*...men you just aren't cutting the mustard when compared with what a female will and can do...

**runs off and cowers**

I am not saying every man, but the guys that will think about what their wife would like; or care about how she feels; thinks of her while shopping...text's her that special message or leaves it in the fridge behind her favourite bar of chocolate...understands that she may need a sausage sandwich after her night shift...yes those guys....well, hell, they are rare.

I am prepared for the comments...I suspect that those guys probably number around four in the world, and all possibly read my blog...but can you genuinely say that you think like a woman?

Ok, so women are certainly not perfect. We can get grumpy for no reason, and say we are fine when actually a 'I am completely bloody pissed off today' would be a far more appropriate answer....and I am sure that there are many other examples you can think of where we are a right pain in the arse...but be honest; women think of the extra bits...those things that can make a difference to your day.

Pootle is my other half really...she fits every criteria that I have ever put out to the universe...and quite frankly, is without a doubt better company than any male I have had in my life for a very long time. I need a male version of her....actually no I don't, I already have her...and in the words of Bridget Jones, 'I like her exactly the way she is...'

Why the hell, would I need anything else?

No comments: