Total Pageviews

Thursday 29 August 2013

Love padlocks...


n a week where love and romance seems to have been beaten up, smashed around a bit, thrown in the river and beaten against some stones for good measure, I am pleased to have something more cheerier to write about today...

Whilst procrastinating about writing and in-between shouting at small hobbits to get to bed, I found a lovely symbol about love, that you may or may not have heard about...

Love Padlocks...soaked in romance; idealism and engraved with lovers names they are turning up all over the world. Locking in the love that couples feel for each other.

To some degree they are causing angst within the boardrooms of officials, who see these little padlocks of love declaration as an eyesore...however, there are also some that are embracing these little gems and making specific areas for people to show the world how they feel.

Vodootvodny Canal in Moscow, has an iron built tree specifically set up for the padlocks, and is absolutely covered in them...

There are many other places too that are covered in metal locks in all shapes and sizes and I just love this public declaration, especially when sometimes we can become distracted by so many other unhappy things in life...

You can find them in Paris, Germany, Canada, Ireland, Italy etc...in fact I am considering asking my dad to make me an iron tree of my own so I can have it in my front garden...maybe being in the presence of love will rub off on me?

Perhaps this is the best way to describe love after all?
That feeling that you want to lock away for safe keeping and security, so that it will never leave...

2 comments:

D## said...

Right you don't need a tree as any thing will do

So what about an old bike ? any of them around

Wonder(ing) Woman said...

If there were, I might be attempting to ride it!!! ;-)