Total Pageviews

Sunday 6 October 2013

Motivational...

I got a present last night.

Pootle gave me scrubs. She writes her essays in a wooly hat and scrubs - and finds that it gets her in that writing mood.

Therefore after suffering from writers block this week and after staring wordlessly at a keyboard that didn't magically produce the next bestselling novel - I tried the hat.

I couldn't just use any old wooly hat, so I went through my collection of hats to find the right one. I have a few so Superman helped me;
"This one, mummy..." he says tossing me a wooly beret type thing.
I look at considering and then pop it on my barnet, "Well?"
"Yep - it looks like a clever hat."

Ok, well I needed a boost so a clever hat is the next best thing I suppose. Superman insists that I don't look silly sitting at my laptop in my wooly hat and even Batman and Spiderman walk past without acknowledging it. I suspect they have seen Pootle in hers too often and it is now the 'norm'.

So I sat here yesterday afternoon with my hat...and waited for inspiration.

Strangely, it came. The wooly hat with its warmth and comfort, seemed to magically set me off typing at a speed and I am amazed at how much I achieved.

Whether or not what the hat produced is worthy of being read by anyone else only remains to be seen, however I was pleased with the effect so I text Pootle a photo of me in said hat.
"You have converted!"
Pootle was pleased...now if I could only be a vegetarian and join the next green march through a local countryside she really will love me.

Twenty minutes later she came through my front door with her gift. A set of nursing scrubs - just for me.

I am absolutely delighted by them - I love them, and this evening I have put them on along with the hat and I am blog inspired. I am honestly sitting here in front of my laptop with my wooly hat, glasses and scrubs...I cut for a fine looking woman...who could resist me?

I also have another friend who is requiring a little bit of motivation tonight. He is just not feeling it today and he has a lot of work to do. So, I promised that I would help with motivating him.

Babe go now and find yourself a wooly hat. It has to be a decent one, one that inspires you and makes your head feel just right - I promise you, you won't be disappointed. I would lend you my scrubs however I am currently wearing them and I am not lending them to anyone.

However, I am sitting here considering that there is room enough in them for two...
...would that be motivational enough?


3 comments:

viv said...

hilarious image!

Wonder(ing) Woman said...

Lol - would you like a photo Viv? ;-)

Wonder(ing) Woman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.