Total Pageviews

Saturday 5 October 2013

FAO Mark Zuckerberg...


This morning a very good friend of mine posted a photo of her baby on her Facebook page.

Alas, it wasn't a photo of him playing, it was the day he sadly passed away. It was in memory of him and today was the anniversary. It was a beautiful photo and I for one was honoured that she decided to share this with us.

Unfortunately by this evening somebody had reported that photo. They felt that it wasn't something that should be on Facebook - well, pray tell me what should be? Violent images? Groups that spout hatred towards others?

It turns out that if we comment on something, that belongs to another friend - that this could easily show up on other people's timelines - therefore what is the point in making your Facebook only for the attention of friends? If I like something, or comment on something it should be for that person's attention - not for anyone else that happens to be on my timeline.

I am absolutely disgusted that anyone would choose to report a photo of a very lovely looking boy, looking peaceful but sadly gone. I am outraged that someone would do that to another person, and make them feel crap after what was probably already a very emotional day.

I hope that whoever did that, under the cover of anon, is the one that Facebook responds to. That my friend's photo is respected for what it truly is - a memory.

I use Facebook for many different reasons - but quite frankly, it is becoming more and more like a dictatorial leader...get a grip Mark Zuckerberg and do the right thing by the people who use your product.


No comments: