Total Pageviews

Sunday 17 June 2012

Why Blog?

Why Blog?

You know I am kinda staring at the screen thinking the same thing to be honest.

I don't have anything groundbreaking to say; no pearls of wisdom to advise anyone or buy one get one free offers...so why bother?

It's my friend's fault. She sat in a restaurant one afternoon and told me it would be a good idea, and I believed her. She is very believable; she'd make a good used car salesman.

So she inspired me. Not so much about the fact that I may have something that people might like to read about, but more about the fact that I could write a diary. I always enjoyed writing diary's when I was younger so why not make this year count.

The last few months have been somewhat difficult, (more about that later when you need something to snooze to) but it has made me realise very much that life is for living. Call it an epiphany, call it what the heck you like - but I want to embrace life. I really want to enjoy what is coming around the corner; good or bad.

So I rip open brown envelopes with gusto now - hey, if I don't have the money they can't have it anyway; I will say yes when I said 'oh good god no' before. I will embarrass myself and others with aplomb and I would like to think that I am able to try anything.

Before we get carried away this isn't about me dying or having an urge to swim with sharks. But about turning 40. Simply put, it feels as though my life has been under a little black cloud for so long, that the sun is finally shining through and I want to try and embrace life that little bit more.

We have one life. We could all be a bit nicer; a bit kinder; warmer and considerate; but we could also step out of the box with a tip toe and see what it's like on the other side of the cardboard. Hence my list; it may look rather sad to the one person reading this in Ottawa, but it's my list.

How many times have we made shopping lists; work lists; housework lists; let's make lists about things we want to achieve. Some of you may already have them, I know it's not a new idea...but I like my little list, it's given me things to think positively about for the next year.

So I thought I would document my year. See the changes that I make; the ideas that I try and perhaps some other general meanderings, and see if I can complete the list by June 16 2013.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Used car salesman ????!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder(ing) Woman said...

I never said it would be pretty... :-)