Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 August 2012

Booked...

I fear that I have been procrastinating with regards to some of my list of things to do.

No matter how brave you are when you set yourself these things, there have been occasions when I have felt myself back pedalling a little.

This has nothing to do with not wanting to do these things but more about the fear of whether or not I can actually achieve these things.

Ever since I was a little girl I have wanted to be able to ride a motorbike.

I have already mentioned that my dad has a motorbike; and I have memories of him taking me out on the back of the bike early on a Saturday morning to buy bread and doughnuts when I used to go and stay with him.

My dad encouraged me to learn to drive as soon as I could, and over the years the actual motorbike test became something that just kept being put on the back burner; the dream was still in the back of my mind but was moving far away from reality.

So it seemed natural that the bike theory test and actual CBT should go on my list of things to do this year. 

I have been revising - appallingly - I have a lot to learn about bikes...

So because I was so bad, (yes, really - my score was getting lower the more often I took the mock test on line.) I was found myself not really focusing about revision.

However, someone wise(ish) said to me recently that perhaps this was what I was doing wrong. That perhaps if I set a date then hopefully it will give me the boost I need to revise hard and learn.

This person rarely makes a great deal of sense, however in this he did actually have a point.

So with this in mind - I have booked my test today - for the 13th September - lucky for some eh? So, now I know I have just under six weeks to get ready.

No comments: