Total Pageviews

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Brand new friend...

One by one my friends are leaving me.

Not only am I hobbit free, but slowly but surely I am also becoming friendless - for at least two weeks.

It is that time of the year that selfishly, my friends have decided they need a summer holiday - or it could be just a break from me, it's a tight call.

This evening I dropped one friend at the airport, and this weekend another one is going up North somewhere to some random place that will be no fun without me...I convince myself.

I feel like stalking my friends. They have been such a solid wall of support for so long, that I am unsure how I am going to fill the void of them being within touching distance. Perhaps I could implant them with GPS so that I know where they are at all times? Would that be too much?

I think readers of my blog will already be very aware of what my friends mean to me, and how much I value their friendship - but alas I will have to soldier on and find something else to amuse myself about while they are off sunning themselves with cocktails or traipsing through mud on walking tours.

So with this in mind I need some distractions. What are my options?

Work - work is good for me and it is true over the next couple of weeks I am very busy, but all work and no play makes wondering woman a very boring girl, doesn't it?

I could 'phone one of those pay a friend helpline to see me through...alas, I have a distinct feeling that my sense of humour will not travel over a telephone line, it doesn't always carry over a blog entry.

Speaking of telephone calls - I could make prank calls to Pizza restaurants or the kebab house...alas again, that might just steer me off my diet and I'll end up ordering four margaritas and a doner just to wash down with my wine.

Hmmm...I do have one other option.

I recently seem to have acquired a new friend. They do not require batteries, well not that I am aware of, are house trained and can make me laugh as much as all my other friends do.  Perhaps they would be interested in getting to know me better over the next few weeks?

They are slightly different to my average friendship - they cuddle differently, but different in a good way; and although they seem to posses an unbelievable power with regards to their bowling abilities, they are kind enough not to mock my less than attractive curve balls.

Hmmm - I wonder what they are doing tomorrow?

No comments: