Total Pageviews

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Confessions of a window cleaner...

I had the joy of working from home this afternoon.

I am completing an online course, and unfortunately I can not do it from work due to the security settings. So have been allowed to do it on my home computer.

When I got home I found the window cleaner outside in my back garden.

You'll be pleased to hear that he was actually cleaning windows, and wasn't sunbathing or sniffing my smalls on the line. Now that would have been just rude if not weird.

He's a nice chap our window cleaner. He is cute and has a Jack Russell called Archie who is equally as cute.

I made him a cup of tea, cos I am good like that, and we shot the breeze for a while. Now surely window cleaners have seen some sights...

He smiled at me, knowingly.

Thankfully our window cleaner is a happily married man, but yes he has seen some things in his time, although he was too much of a gentleman to divulge. Instead, he talked about taking his wife away for a romantic holiday and we discussed where he could take her.

It was nice to talk to a guy who was still in love with his wife and wanted to treat her the way she deserved.

It was great to hear a man talk about how he appreciates what he has when they have it, rather than when it is gone; or even when they can't have it.

Many of us have been a victim  of unappreciative attention. The assumption that they don't have to work for it, or try very hard once they have their partner causes enevitable separation.

So kudos to my window cleaner, for being one of the few that actually mean what they say.

No comments: