Total Pageviews

Friday 21 September 2012

Simple pleasures...

I was given some flowers today.

They arrived today just before 8.30, so that I was able to enjoy them before I headed off for work. I think the person who gave them to me felt that I needed something to make me smile, and smile they did.

Fresh cut and from their own garden, they were given with such a lovely smile, it was impossible not to feel better about things.

They were small, wrapped up in a little posy and given to me by one of the hobbits classmates. This delightful six year old felt that she wanted to cheer me up, as after all I only had boys at home and they would never pick me flowers...although they have picked me daisies on occasion.

It was such a nice moment that I felt quite honoured that this little girl had chosen to take time and pick some flowers from her garden for me, taking a moment to think of someone else.

It really is the simple things that we do that make a difference to other people. It doesn't have to be a grand gesture, but just telling someone that you are thinking of them can make a heck of a difference to their day.

A six year old girl taught me a valuable lesson today, so I am passing it on. Just tell someone you are thinking of them...


No comments: