Total Pageviews

Saturday 22 September 2012

Trust...

Someone broke my trust this week.

I am not going to get all high and moral about it, but inevitably it has destroyed a friendship.

I have several friends who are currently all feeling the effect of trust, and what it means to them and those around them.

It is true that it takes a long time to build up a trusting friendship/relationship and only a moment to knock it down; but also those who have been so deeply hurt find it very hard to trust again.

I know this is all common sense to most of us, however it is on my mind hence the blog this evening.

The friend who broke my trust will never be allowed back into my life the way they were, if at all; I am someone who is very black and white about such things.

However, never trusting a particular someone again is a different issue to allowing someone else in your life. How do you move on and take the plunge again?

I have a beautiful friend. She shines from inside and is one of the most caring and warmest individuals I have ever met. She is more than worthy of someone special in her life, but admits that she doesn't know where to start when it comes to trusting someone again.

How do you move on from the emotional pain?

I believe that it is because she hasn't met the one who will show her the way; that the one who she will completely trust again is currently busy, but he will soon be at her door and all of those worries will go away. How could it not happen she has so much to give and deserves the real thing.

I also have a couple of other friends who have just embarked on a possible new relationship. They are enjoying the buzz and the excitement, but something always allows self doubt to creep back in and self esteem to question themselves time and time again.

They are also beyond worthy of feeling love and affection again, and they will find their way again...but self doubt, and the concerns of 'can I trust him/her' surface constantly.

As a friend I can only remind them that they are special, that there is nothing to fear but fear itself. That sometimes you really just have to embrace the possibility of something good, rather than walking away because of fear.

Sadly my crystal ball is not working for my friends, but my heart tells me that he/she is good for you, and until now I have to believe that they want to do the right thing for you.

Take each day as it comes...don't presume the worst, or the negative of every situation. You are all unbelievably special, and there is no reason not to let that person in...so they too can see how special you really are.

No comments: