Total Pageviews

Saturday 27 October 2012

Diva fit...

This morning I had a diva strop at about 10.43, in a lay-by at the side of the road.

It was not pretty, however was quickly calmed by a man in leathers and a bikers helmet.

If you didn't guess I have been out practicing on the bike this morning. It was completely awesome. However, my brain is over thinking what I need to do, clutch control, back brake, front brake, changing gear and cancelling my indicators...I feel like I am on Star Trek working out how to fly The Enterprise with lots of fiddly buttons and shiny lights.

Hence the diva fit.

Thankfully you'll be pleased to hear that I didn't throw my helmet or gloves to the ground, or indeed kick the bike in frustration. It is just so annoying that my hands and feet don't do what they are told, in the order that they are supposed to.

Luckily the guys at Bike Smart are as good as their name and are used to hissy fits and know what to say and how to help.

We paused for a breath and talked through that actually it was probably much like this when I first started driving a car. That I can not expect to get it perfect when I have only been riding for a total of about four hours.

We then got back on the bike and he told me to head on back. That was when it got better. I just relaxed, he never left me of course, but I knew the way back so just stopped over thinking what I needed to do and just did it. A much easier ride home.

I need to stop worrying about it, and just ride the damn bike! I think my next action plan is to go out for the day with the guys and boost that confidence just a little bit more.

They assure me at Bike Smart that I will get there, and if they have confidence in me then I have to believe them. They have, after all, seen plenty of Diva fits in their time...and they all got through.

1 comment:

biker said...

Been there done that but its still fun
keep riding and keep the greasy side down